OverviewIn this exercise, students are introduced in a pleasant way to the life and works of a (new) Latin author (for instance, Pliny, Ovid, Virgilius...). You can also have them create a Facebook profile for a Latin author as preparation for the trip to Rome (with a visit to a museum such as the Galleria Borghese)
PART 1 ASSIGNMENT Create a Facebook profile
- Create a Facebook profile for Ovid
- Complete all the requested information (full name, date of birth, place of birth,…)
- Provide the works of the author and their content
- Illustrate your website with interesting pictures (from the Metamorphoses, the Galleria Borghese) and interesting facts.
(Note: students will first have to create a new email address if they don’t want to use their own address. Often a mobile phone number is requested for control purposes.
PART 2 Assignment Metamorphosis
- Pick one of Ovid’s Metamorphoses (which you have translated in the lesson)
- Search for an image of an artwork depicting one of Ovid’s Metamorphoses on this website:http://galleriaborghese.beniculturali.it/
- Discuss the artwork
- Please provide the name of the artist
- Provide the title of the work
- Provide the genre of this artwork (painting, sculpture, …)
- Give a brief description of the story that is depicted
PART 3 IN THE CLASS: discuss your profile and artwork
What do I need?
- Internet: Yes
- Hardware: computer room or iPads in the classroom (the Facebook profile they can finish at home )
ICT Level and Target Group
- ICT level: intermediate
- Target group: second