OverviewOverview Socrative allows students to respond during the lesson to statements, or answer questions that were formulated in advance by the teacher. This can be a quiz, a consultation or a test. The students can use their laptop or tablet for this. Since this tool is very user-friendly, the lesson is intended for an easy user level. The level of the lesson itself depends on the chosen topic.
The most important features include:
- Access from any device with Wifi or 3G via the mobile websites;
- For Android and iOS, access is also possible via a special App;
- Anonymous and non-anonymous voting;
- Live results for the teacher. Possible presentation in the classroom
- Download results afterwards in Excel;
- Multiple students can respond via a single device.
This tool may be used for the following purposes during a Latin class:
- A lesson in which the students have to answer grammar questions belonging to a text they have to read individually.
- After a grammar lesson: theoretical and grammatical questions can be alternated.
- As a quiz, after an introduction class about the life of Julius Caesar.
- In a philosophy class, in which the students can philosophise about philosophical statements.
- Each student /each group works independently on the laptop/tablet.
- The teacher is aware of the progress of the different groups.
The students can also compare their progress with other groups.
- The results can be saved, send by email and retrieved afterwards.
- You can share the quiz with colleagues.
What do I need?
- Internet: Yes
- Hardware: tablet
ICT Level and Target Group
- ICT level: easy
- Target group: all